Bachelor of Arts in Advertising Design (ADA)
This program aims to provide art and design professionals whose creative works exhibit core Filipino values and who demonstrate high level of competencies in artistic production in local and international settings. In addition, individuals who are committed to nation-building and lifelong learning.
PROGRAM EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVES
Within five years after graduation, the graduates of Advertising Design program shall have:
Equipped with the required knowledge, ability and attitude in communicating concepts, design solutions, and arguments clearly and concisely through visual, verbal and written means.
Responded to the clients' advertising and marketing communications objectives by applying principles of marketing and communications, and contributed to evaluating the effectiveness of advertising and marketing communications initiatives.
Demonstrated life-long learning via progress toward completion of an advanced degree in advertising design, or professional skills development in the practice of advertising and marketing.
A. Ability to demonstrate proficiency in a range of computer graphics technology, including bitmap image editing, vector graphics, page layout, web design, video editing and effects.
B. Ability to demonstrate understanding of different printing technologies and pre-press processes.
C. Ability to determine, analyze and respond to clients' advertising and marketing communications objectives by applying principles of marketing and communications.
D. Ability to understand creative brief and assessing which objectives are feasible.
E. Ability to understand market segmentation, psychographic, consumerism and behaviorism.
F. Ability to apply apply advertising principles and unique selling proposition.
G. Ability to know the target segmentation, and identify and understand various advertising media.
H. Ability to monitor marketing's progress towards its annual goals.
I. Ability to determine what areas of the marketing mix – product, price, place, and promotion – need modification or improvement to increase some aspect of performance.
J. Ability to understand the responsibilities and limitations of an advertising designer.
K. Ability to assess whether company goods, services, and ideas meet customer and stakeholder needs.
PROFESSIONAL OPPORTUNITIES FOR ADVERTISING DESIGN GRADUATES
- Advertising Development (advertising artist, concept artist, art director, creative director, design manager, package designer, web designer, visual developer, photographer)
- Animation Production (concept artist, animator, cartoonist, art director)
- Newspaper and Magazine Publishing (graphic artist, graphic designer, printmaker, cartoonist, layout artist)
- Fashion Industry (costume and fine jewelry designer, fashion designer, fashion stylist, production designer, photographer)
- Movie and Video Productions (promotional manager, motion graphic artist, layout artist, video editor, special effects artist)
- Advertising Educators (advertising professor, art educator)
- Game Development (visual developer, game environment designer, graphic designer, illustrator, layout artist, 3D modeler)