Bachelor of Arts in Digital Film (DF)
This program centers on film production process from pre-production to post-production. It deals with professional and skills development courses like directing, production design, cinematography, acting, screenwriting, sound and music and film editing. This program covers narrative featured film, documentary film and experimental film.
PROGRAM EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVES
Within five years after graduation, the graduates of Digital Film program shall have:
1. Equipped with the initiative, passion, diversity and creativity to contribute in the promulgation of Philippine cinema.
2. Preserved the historical and cultural proponents and conventions of Philippine cinema.
3. Demonstrated life-long learning via progress toward completion of an advanced degree in film arts, or professional skills development in digital filmmaking.
A. Understanding of the history of film.
B. Understanding of the terms, concepts, and theories of film—from classic to contemporary cinema—and applying them to film production projects.
C. Ability to review, interpret, critique, and analyze films.
D. Ability to articulate concepts effectively through reviews, scripts, projects and scholarly works.
E. Ability to demonstrate proficiency in using appropriate and current technologies, tools, techniques, and skills necessary for film production.
F. Ability to apply film concepts and theories in relation to allied fields.
G. Ability to work independently and/or in teams.
H. Ability to demonstrate professional and social ethics.
I. Ability to communicate orally and in writing using both English and Filipino.
J. Ability to engage in life-long learning and to be updated on current trends and developments in digital cinema.
K. Appreciation of Filipino historical and cultural heritage.
PROFESSIONAL OPPORTUNITIES FOR DIGITAL FILM GRADUATES
- Film Practitioners (film director, film assistant director, film editor, screenwriter, cinematographer, production designer, producer, line producer, art director, musical director, production coordinator, production assistant, creative consultant, costume designer, cameraman)
- Television Practitioners (television director, television editor, assignment manager, assignment director, television producer, executive producer, segment program producer or director, costume designer, cameraman, television affairs executive, television artist, creative consultant)
- Film and Television Artist (film actor/actress, talent manager, talent coordinator)
- Broadcast Production Staff (production manager, production director, production designer, art director, production assistant)
- Advertising Development (advertising artist, concept artist, art director, creative director, design manager, photographer)
- Visual Artist (graphics artist, video artist)
- Film Educator (professor, lecturer, program coordinator, dean)